Sunday, June 27, 2010

200 posts when all you need is a good night's sleep

It is the night before the first day of camp and as per usual I am having trouble sleeping. Some things change and some things stay the same for 18 years.

Been focusing on throwing form lately. I am back in pretty good shape and feeling more confident with my throws but I keep half-assing backhands and my forehand form is not consistant. Same old same old really just things to keep in mind. I keep using backhand variants that are lazy and sloppy such as the almost-push pass or the high release. Throws that are good in a pinch but should not ever be your default.

It comes down to a focus issue. I need to focus on form every single throw until it becomes second nature to throw backhands with full body motion.
Forehands just need a little refinement and they will be better than ever.

Above all, I need to improve my in game decision making if I ever want to approach the level of throwing I want to be at. Shortgame turnovers are completely unacceptable.

Have a good one.

No comments: