Thursday, July 1, 2010

Our powers combined, we form FULL BEARD

#777.

So.
What to say about the past few days in ultimateland? I've realized a few things and been given some solid advice, and am working on improving my physical game. Jumping off my toes, body on defense, dictating, agression...pretty much everything. Started to pay of in wednesday's game against red, I played arguably the best defensive game of my life, dicating physically and more points than not stopping my man from getting the disc completely. I got scored on twice and missed a few d opportunities, but I got three D's and shut down quite a few cutters, including some very solid players. Several players on my team and the other team complimented my game, which was nice.

Also played more confident offense, and whether that was the cause or the effect, I was much more vocal and a bigger presence on the team. Definately played more confidently than I ever have in draft league and that will pay dividends. Also coming from camp and being amped to play instead of tired was AWESOME. Also, Chichester was there <3.

But we lost. And I could have done more to stop that from happening.
Work work work!

Won handily at rec league, played blue who we already beat handily and today many of their veterans were not there. E Herbst picked up the slack, playing some of the most confident ultimate I've seen from him so far, and a good omen for the coming year. However his valiant effort was not enough and we rolled them handily.

Unsatisfying. On some level winning in a blowout is less fulfilling than losing a close game. That highly depends on context of course, but winning by 12 in rec league just does not get me jazzed up. However, I had a few throws that I would not have been able to make last week, and am feeling very confident again.

Boom.

No comments: