Sunday, February 21, 2010

God loves ugly

This past weekend has been fairly wild. They say change is the spice of life, and if that is true then at the very least the memories will be savory. For better or for worse my social life got poetry slammed and the repercussions have barely even set in. Shit may or may not be going down.

And so it goes. Rising to challenges probably beats having a boring life anyway. For the record, things are good right now. Great to be honest. And whatever happens, I have great teammates that have my back and that is priceless.

Anyway, we played today against Marist, a surprise scrimmage and our first game of the season. They beat us pretty handily. On the subject of challenges, the biggest challenges I see facing the team in the immediate future are thus:
-moving outside and implementing team-wide strategy and concepts
-maintaining the level of motivation and commitment most of our players are displaying currently
-Focusing to work even harder

What can be said about the game today: well, Marist won but they did not win simply because they are more athletic. I don't think they are more athletic than us this year. Better at ultimate? At the moment, yes. But they can't just beat us with their legs anymore.

I should not cover Robbie, his acceleration is too good. Also his release points are so low and I am too tall to block his throws without undue effort. Next time we play them, A Pinn has to do work on that matchup. Dave did work today. His throws are looking super sweet. Tom was good on the handle but we need him as a cutter. He is super big. I got hurt laying out onto my hip that was already bruised from indoor. Also I dropped three or four passes that were inexcusable. We had a lot of bad drops.

We need to stop dropping it.
We need to throw outside.
We need to work on zone offense.
Okay.
We'll do it.

Oh also, sobriety time!
Yes.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Concise. I like it.

GUNX Ben said...

Thank you sir. I am glad you approve. I am hoping a blag post from your perspective is forthcoming. David as well for that matter.