Sunday, February 7, 2010

I want to throw like Drew Brees and spell like R Doobs

Jumped on the Saints bandwagon completely by accident, not having followed any football this year until very recently. Stumbled upon a sports illustrated article about Drew Brees and was introduced via youtube to Reggie Bush's college highlights and ankle breaking hilarity. So if I seem like yet another fair weather fan, you can chalk it up to Brendan and going to the dentist.

Anyway.
I am very happy with where my throws are at right now. Despite the lack of actual ultimate they are feeling good at indoor and out in the wind. I feel competent and confident and fairly balanced.
That being said there is a lot to work on. So far the resolution to throw everyday is going well. Threw three times today. After the superbowl we tossed in the road a little and I realized I don't get my full body, particularly my core into my short to midrange backhands. The hucks are all about the weight transfer from pivot to non pivot foot and that probably also needs to be in my short throws. Something to focus on.

Dry season exceptions: 2
Chichester decided to challenge me to a disc race. I decided to accept. February will obviously not be an entirely dry month with all the birthdays coming up, some partying will go on, but in relative moderation. Maybe one more time. Not this weekend, three indoor practices baby.
So pumped.