Monday, February 8, 2010

I woke up this morning

I woke up this morning thinking about how good Hufflepuff house is at indoor, seemingly without trying. I was vaguely frustrated about them possibly being rigged, which must have been part of my dream because everyone knows Satanclaw is the rigged house (and Huckindor is the rugged house, rugged as in attractive I mean).

Anyway as I came to conciousness, Tom standing in the doorway imploring me to get up for my 8am, it dawned on me that damn, those Hufflepuff guys are my teammates.

Nice.

Today we scrimmaged outside, drawing a pretty decent number despite the wind and biting cold.
If I am correct in my mental addition, we had nine playing members of the men's team, one member of the women's team, a player who we hope will be playing with the men's team, and two sidelined men's players. It says a lot that people are willing to come play in what were not the most fun conditions by any stretch of the imagination. It was windy, very hard to throw, painful to catch - that can be discouraging but we had a pretty decent scrimmage. Cuts looked very good. Throwing was all over the place. A lot of easy catches were dropped across the board, that comes down to mental errors that we need need need to be able to fight through this season. Seriously enough of that.

My backhands were mostly terrible. Nearly every one turned OI, I am not throwing short backhands hard enough. That is why throwing indoors is dangerous! Forehands were pretty good, my forehand power is quite possibly at an all time high. Maybe.

1 shot the sculpture today.
Booyah.

No comments: