Friday, February 19, 2010

50% efficiency

Ultimate and school: is it possible to focus hard enough on both at the same time?
Okay fine that depends what 'hard enough' means. You got me.
Smartass.

Anyway, one of the two is getting a decent amount of focus, not enough but getting there.
The other is hovering between neglected and rejected.
Guess which?
Yeah you probably guessed. Ultimate is getting most of my time and effort. I barely even have time to blag we've been practicing so much. And yet, college ain't exactly about that and the real world is looming ever closer. Grades gotta get earned, bills gotta get paid, and heck while we're at it girls are cool too.
What I'm saying is, as much as it is important and excellent that my throwing balance has been improving, balancing my life is going only marginally better than previous years. School was going well until this week when I decided to be a badoof and sleep through four classes and counting (fingers crossed for today).

On a related note: dry season.
I guess I hyped it up too much. Keeping quiet about things is perhaps a virtue that I always learn too late in the game. Anyway, I have partied twice this semester and plan to party this weekend. Wiggity what? What happened to dry season? Well, as Tricia put it, sometimes during the dry season a herd of wildebeests or a solitary giraffe happen upon a secluded watering hole and slake their thirst upon whatever meager fare their oasis can provide.

Or to put it another way: I gave myself three exceptions. All but one are used up. Last Tuesday does not count. After this weekend, no drinking. No smoking. No crystal meth. You get the idea.
Why? I need to get in shape for frisbee, and get my head straight for life. Drinking is fun but ruling at sectionals will be so much more fun, and make the crispy gin and tonics I mix up after the season that much crisper.
People have been quick to denounce my grand proclamations about dry season and gently or not so gently mock me for having drunk thus far after hyping it so much. Rightfully so. Haters keep you honest.
It is on me to show anyone with doubt on their lips that I mean business. That's all.
To paraphrase my roommate, talk is cheap. Fuck the haters.

Done.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really stepped up your use of bold in this post.