Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wrist rehab day 15

This is about yesterday.
Well, I tried throwing for the first time since before my last post. Forehands hurt. Backhands do not, irregardless of distance. I expected the opposite, and that implies a few things about the way I throw but I won't bore you with the details. Hah.

Anyway, I put up a bunch of big backhands. Probably averaged about 50 or 60 yards, maybe more but it is hard to tell in my backyard. I'm obviously not at top form after who knows how long of no practice, but I still have distance and decent form which is a blessing, ain't starting back at square one. Maybe square five?
Also, some adhesion must have broken because I kept throwing forehands and by the end of the session it did not hurt as much to do so. I started out with 30 yard flicks and that hurt a lot and at the end I threw a couple that were more like 40 and 5o and they still hurt but less so.

My left hand was completely numb by the end. My right hand slightly numb but much less so. It remembers high school when that shit was every day. That's a sign.
Throwing again today. So pumped.

No comments: