Friday, January 22, 2010

Bromance

Well anyway, got dirty today and practiced in the backyard yet again. Worked on making plays with either hand, exploding after throwing and laying out. Played for a bit, got tired, probably would have given up but Brendan kept me motivated so I rallied and got in another half hour or so. That illustrates something that needs to become as natural as breathing to the gunx this season: we have to have each others backs, motivate and push each other to achieve bigger and better things. That's huge.

Anyway, practiced going to on almost every throw, and about half the time Brendan would throw it, I'd pass it back and immediately explode and run for a short pass and layout attempt. Of the throws that were perfectly placed to layout for (hard to do as ya'll probably know or have seen in a drill) I layed out for maybe a fourth, and caught three. Two of the layouts were what I think is good form. I cut up my elbow and seem to be hitting my right side harder, so there's a lot of work to do besides just training myself to pull the trigger anytime.

Throws were pretty solid, backhands looked sharp. Forehands were hurting and then stopped hurting, hopefully that means I'm breaking the last of the adhesion and soon it won't hurt to throw forehands at all. Working on getting my angles of release back and full body throwing. Focusing on balance. Balance is key and I'm sure we'll all really realize that when Frank Huguenard puts out his motion offense videos...

Anyway
I'm working on my chalk talk for our first team meeting, the start of the season. It is really more of a speech but I am uncomfortable calling it that. I know how I am going to say it, emotional delivery and whatnot but the words are not coming easy. It is hard to balance saying what needs to be said with positivity with motivation with emotional delivery with relevance with ego with humilty with swagger with...
Well anyway I'm working on it.

PS
I started three paragraphs with "anyway". Sick writing chops. Also the tenses are all over the place.
Brendan got me an awesome going away present.
See you in New Paltz, Gunx.

No comments: