Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cleat confidence

Today (yesterday as Stiggles would say, perhaps I am up too late yet again) was a big day. Went for a run to Brendan's, made it up the hill at a good pace but did not have the fortitude to run the whole way there. Compromised by doing some wind sprints en route. Dicey. Anyway, what it showed me is that I am stronger than I was this time last year but I have less endurance. I'm pretty sure I am in worse shape than I have been in for a while but am also the strongest I have ever been. How does that make sense.

Did some throwing with cleats on. It felt nice to have that cleat confidence, definately helped with throwing. Wrist snap definately felt stronger today, backhands were looking tight and fresh. Forehands are sort of stilted, hesitant, jerky even. The motion feels sort of unatural, not second nature like it was pre surgery. That will pass soon enough. A lot of forehands ended up very slightly outside in. All my angles of release are funky and the full body component needs work. Still today was a huge confidence boost. Getting back to where I used to be.

Zach never gets worse at throwing no matter how much time he takes off. He is a marvel. If he had the motivation or inclination to play competitively, and moreover get in shape to do so, he would be absolutely terrifying.

In short, ran around a lot today and threw and it felt great.
Also, bought three pairs of cleats.
Hooray for the internet.

1 comment:

Can't stop, Won't stop said...

Gotta just push through the run. Don't think about you not being able to do it, just do it. Keep your mind else where. Whether it be Mario, Magic, whatever is the new hit for you, or even if it on your running form. Proper running form will get you running further then you would ever believe.
The main thing is just don't stop.