Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'll show you a blag....

The fall season is over. Final game was against Marist. Not much to say. We lost, refer to post about Scranton for the approximate details: It was windy, we ran zone. Our zone is pretty good. Our offense did not click very much at all. Doober made possession saving layout grabs. Kelsey led the team for scores yet again.

It was cold.
Like, my lower jaw was practically frozen shut. I spent most of the game yelling, so at times I frothed at the mouth and I'm pretty sure I spat on at least one person during a huddle talk. I'm a great captain.


Anyway, now its go time. Winter conditioning, where motivation is key. I will venture into never before explored depths of athleticism, and not bitch out. Not a bit. Went to pickup today. In an honest appraisal of my gameplay, I made some sick highlight reel catches (indoor basically equals full field blades, in these parts) and my defense sucked. No fire, no kill mode. I got maybe one d and got burned deep at least three times. Brian said that I have to call more fouls and picks or else I am dishonoring the spirit of my state. Fair enough.

Anyway yeah. I had a long post in mind about what we have to do better next semester. It was right boring. In summary:

We need a new offense. I am thinking 2 - 3 - 2.

On another note, ever throw only high release backhands to break the mark for five months? Sometimes your regular breakmark throws get shitty. Time to drill breakmark backhands until I can throw a kill shot from anywhere on the field anytime. Cool.

Recent competition for the title of the team's best blogger has thus far been a positive force for change in my life.
Take it easy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We've essentially been running a 2-3-2 anyways. We rarely utilize the third handle.

GUNX Ben said...

The difference is I want to run 2 3 2 irregardless of the defense.

Unknown said...

Powerful.