Thursday, December 18, 2008

Brendan for Callahan 09

Sunday was our final team meeting of the year, a pickup game in honor of Brendan who is departing the team for greener pastures. We're all going to miss that dude a lot. He is a great ultimate player, but moreover he is an amazing teammate and an all around great guy. The Gunx are going to have to work hard to replace his presence on the team, on the sideline, on the field. Any player on the team who uses him as an example will do just fine. Hard work, great spirit, sick plays. Brendan, if you should read this, you're welcome to play with us any time.

Yesterday I actually got off my ass for a change. Finals week can be a problem, be careful. Tossed around with my roommate and threw some big backhands. Later, went to the gym with my man Eric. I think I have a workout routine now, thanks to him. Don't feel too sore yet, but its creeping up.

Winter break conditioning is going to be interesting. Won't have access to a gym, so it's going to be pushups and crunches all day baby. Running on the track, sure. That I can do. Hopefully some ultimate. In any case, I have to train to avoid getting lambasted on Doober's blog come 2009, and also so my defense becomes something less than pathetic. I'll be practicing my throws out in the snow(s), you better believe it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Unless you win the Callahan next year nothing can save you from lambastion.

GUNX Ben said...

I'd never get our team's nomination. I make fun of the O line too much.