Saturday, December 13, 2008

Days like these

I got dem end of season blues. No ultimate other than indoor pickup on Tuesday, and I played mediocre at that. On the other hand indoor is a slow but sure way to get better at man d, since one needs to run harder than outdoors and I have Brian constantly urging me to be aggressive. I got five d's last game: two on bad throws that pretty much came to me, so forget that. One d on a huck that was alright, decent positioning but I also got a little lucky, prob'ly. One d on an incut that was actually pretty good, and one handblock. Getting there I guess.

Not throwing everyday sucks. I have to find a way to throw this winter, I'm losing a little edge and I don't like it.

Throwing now would be amazing, but sane people are asleep, and thus noone is around to throw with me. Oh well. One more indoor game before the end of the semester and some indoor tournament in late Dec that should be a blast. Since throwing is not an option, I'll have to make do with working out a little after this post is done. Maybe that will get my head in the right place to write a damn paper.

Finally got the uniform design figured out. Too late to order this semester though. On the bright side, ordering in January means I have a while to research my top jersey companies, and maybe five will email me back.

As you have no doubt already guessed, in the event that you actually read this far, I have nothing particularly interesting to blag about these days. Until the spring season it will probably mostly just be thoughts on team development and how badly I want to play some freaken outdoor ultimate already jeez. I can only implore that you, dear reader, stay tuned.

The Grammar in this post is bloody awful. Ho hum.

No comments: