Sunday, December 21, 2008

Odds and ends

Not a few ultimate related things on my mind at the moment, may as well post them.
This blog is going to be pretty much centered solely on me during winter break, no team related content when both of my teams are in the off season. Good thing I have so few actual readers because it's going to be a straight up ego fest and make no mistake.

Winter conditioning: So far so good. Pushups! Crunches! Sports!
My pushup form is still fairly bad but getting there. Need to work on keeping my head level with my back. It's going to get good because by the end of this break I will have done probably around a thousand or two....

I just can't get over how good the Hodags are. Seriously. Watching videos of games they've played is a proven method to make myself get off my ass. Vegas should show whether or not they have what it takes to three-peat. They lost a lot of talent but they have the drive and proven methods to win. The fact that they lost so many stud players may even be a good thing, only in the sense that they will not be able to rest on their laurels if they want to play up to the standard of the last few years. One day I hope to actually see them play, you know like a fan of a real sport might do. Nationals?

Speaking of Hodags...today I randomly figured out the shoulder jerk, or at least I think I did. The reason I am posting it here is so I remember today when I am actually able to really throw again. That might not be for a week, or maybe I will go throw in the snow tomorrow. Either way, it could be big. Real big.

So I bought cleats today. On the internet. Speed TDs. Apparently I have been completely brainwashed by ultimate popular culture. Soon I will be sporting a jauntily angled trucker hat and a full beard, you wait and see.

Five emailed me back about the number problem with several viable and helpful solutions. My faith in them as a company is restored. Their service is slow but their product is good and they can admit their mistakes. Word to that. So most likely the Gunx will do our uniforms with them, although I am still debating the merits of Patagonia and VC. Worry not dear reader, I will know for sure with all possible haste so we can be ready to order as soon as school resumes.

Don Van Vliet is wonderfully weird.

The double post! So strong!
Self centered and uninteresting, but hey.
It gets the job done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well for what it's worth I love reading your ego-posts. But I have to put my foot down and say...no beard!!

Unknown said...

SNOWBEARD ICEFIST!

Beard on. Chichester is going to do corn-rows in his beard and you know you can't let a freshman one-up you in the beard-off.

I think you're going to have to freeze your beard and hope it doesn't melt before sectionals.