Friday, November 21, 2008

Catchable

Throwing with some people yesterday I realized that lately I've become rather lazy on the field. I've been doing stupid things like giving up on a catch I could have just because it seems like I can't get to it. I've been jumping less and making less plays and all in all that is no good. So during the throwing session I had an epiphany. My lack of playmaking has been largely due to attitude. I frequently implore the Gunx to play with confidence and yet my own play has been lacking it. So my new mantra is "catchable". Saying "catchable" when a throw is coming is a good way to motivate oneself to actually make a play and catch the damn disc. In cut? Catchable reminds me to go to. Huge bladey huck? Catchable reminds me to run it down hard. Out of reach disc? Catchable reminds me to make a play.

Sounds cheesy but the idea is if you attack the disc with a positive confident attitude you will be far more likely to make a play than if you immediately say to yourself "no way I can get this". So try it out. Next time a throw comes your way, any throw, tell yourself confidently it's catchable, whether you believe it or not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://tillyadie.blogspot.com/


Shh. It's in the works.