Saturday, November 30, 2013

Now Here We Go

Tell you what, winter ultimate is just the best. Turkey bowl is a tournament I've always managed to flake out on, and believe me I did my best this year as well, snoozing the alarm until the temeprature climbed above 30 (they won the first game without me). Eventually I dragged my ass out there, and it was worth it. Very cold but little to no wind, amazing. Travis put together a good bunch of people and we took third place, losing to a PoNY past and present sort of team in the semis.

I have little to no impulse to blog about my workouts as they happen. Maybe I will give the analog book a try again and just post about technique and stuff. I'll tell you one thing though, its been a while since I seriously did upper body workouts. I'm stronger than I used to be but after a half hour workout I am sore for days. Rust, yo.

Throws were good today. Forehand hucks still ugly, but what they lacked in shape they made up for in distance. My other throws were good overall. Feeling confident about my ultimate game, I'll mix it up. Getting back in shape has been really fun and rewarding so far, yadda yadda.

Met a bunch of old New Paltz dudes who played ultimate there even before BMo. Crazy stuff. New Paltz has and has not changed, you know.

No comments: