Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Zadda Yadda

Did a lot of hucking today, at least 150 throws, lost count very early on. Changed up a couple things: I brought out a bunch of non ultra star discs that I have and added them to the rotation for 15 discs per set. Freestyle, different discraft 175 molds, flashflight, etc. Even a golf disc, which I lost about a third of the way through, dammit. Rob Mcleod says its a good idea to throw with different molds, so what the hell.

Midway through I made some 10 by 10 yard boxes as targets. I'm definitely past the point where just chucking it as hard as I can is going to get me too far, and lacking a person to aim for, the targets provided a structure of sorts.

Surprise surprise, definitely did better when I focused on keeping my pivot food down hard. Right now that seems to be the limiting factor: when I focus on it, I either throw my best, or overthink it and throw badly. Best to focus on it until I don't have to anymore. Overall, threw much better backhands than yesterday. Forehand was alright, but I'm leaning back when I throw them. Form needs a ton of work.

I did manage to throw some 80+ yard throws, and overall things were much better than yesterday. It was really good to spend so much time outside. My new ultimate goal is to work on throwing everyday, whether its 200 hucks in the cold or just working on technique indoors. Every day. Its not fun to bump up against the limits of your throwing game and find that you can't do stuff you were able to do in college. That's stupid. Next season I want to be much better. I want my huck back. Working for it.


No comments: