Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gymbeard Bikebutt

Before we begin, here is a handy feature I have devised for the reader on the go. If you are too busy to keep up with my erratic but clearly relevant update schedule, just bookmark this page and read the following paragraph every day on your way to work. It is a boilerplate that is interchangeable with any given update in the coming weeks. That way you can keep up with me without adding undue tedium to your busy commute through the mortal plane.

"Dear diary blog. It was a dark and dreadsome day at work until I got home and preformed a workout activity. Working out yet again proves to be the valium for the mortal acrophobe that is me navigating the massive roller-coaster of seasonal and work related depression. I made moderate gains, and am looking forward to when the season is yet again favorable to compete in flying disc sports. Related statistics. Esoteric quip. Tangentially related video."

Won't that simplify things? Now back to the action.

Today I totally kicked butt at spin class. I felt like such a poop on the way to the gym and nearly called in sick. To myself. That's weird, right? Anyway, I somehow got to the gym and it turns out taking a few days off payed off. I felt great and it was the first spin where I was able to complete every standing climb. I only felt like I half assed one 45 second race, which is a lot better than last week where I plateaued fairly early and did not push myself much in the last third of the class either time.

Gains! Progress! Depression laid waste for another evening!
Seeya.

No comments: