Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I know we'll be just fine

Was scrolling through past blog titles and noticed PWE. At first I could not recall what that meant. It only took a second to spark, and of course Emily remembered even quicker, although I'll cite her sobriety's edge and her wonderfully quick brain for whatever repressed aspect of my ego needs to win at everything.

Practice. Winning. Everyday. 
That was my mantra in my last college semester both for ultimate and life. Lately it has been more PDE which is a lot less productive, although we've been making the most out of our last weeks in New Paltz and it has been fun.

Home soon, and it will be a mad dash to organize my life for the summer and beyond. When the dust settles, I will have a life plan and projects to work on in spades, and I need to make sure I adjust my attitude for many reasons, not the least of which being that I need to work more on my ultimate game so I can be a baller contribute to the club team, and also so I start feeling good about myself as an athlete. 

At the very least, my baseline athleticism going into the season is the highest it has ever been, my ultimate  is the highest it has ever been, and the game is making all kinds of sense to me in ways it never did before. But in the midst of all the craziness of my threee weeks at home, if this is going to be a successful season for me, is putting in the hard early work to shake off the rust, finding the motivation to run when it hurts more than normal and that little insecure part of me starts slinging mean words to dampen the fire. 

Have a good Thursday, all.
PS THIS is hilarious, brings back the funny memories from surgery. Never had to deal with anything like a torn mcl or worse though, hope ya'll join me in wishing Brodie a speedy recovery. Ultimate needs him.  

No comments: