Friday, May 25, 2012

Lines

Been playing in a local summer league for a laugh. Playing on a team with some friends from New Paltz pickup. Good bunch of people on the team, varying skill levels.

Playing against worse teams can encourage a lot of bad habits but it has been a chance to play, to run around. Also a chance to focus every point and try to reinforce good habits in a low pressure situation. So far I've really thought about my field positioning on both offense and defense.

I'm starting to see the lines of the field a lot better. Where you have to put the disc to get it to the cutter. Two lines intersecting. Very pretty.
I was average at geometry but I'm getting better.

I want to be able to see the lines on defense better. I need a complete mentality shift so that I can better see the lines of the defender and the disc, how I can intersect with the disc before my mark does.

Anyway, working on it.
Also working on my coaching. Feeling more and more confident as a throwing teacher. I dream of a day when I could get a job as an assistant coach for a big frisbee program, just working with players on their throws.
Who knows.

AUDL would be pretty cool too...

No comments: