Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Perfect Week

Thoughts from today

We need better sideline presence, and a big part of that is teaching everyone what their role is on the sideline.
It comes down to focus, at all times. On a related note, I sometimes lose focus on my defensive roll on the field when trying to help someone else vocally. Got beat deep by Pat because I was too focused on telling another Gunx defender to sprint deep with his man and layout for the block.
Point is, I need to work on focusing on my role at all times and not try to do the sideline's job. And we need our players that tend to lose focus on the sidelines to work on their focus so that we always have that support system. Part of the problem is people post up by their things and will talk to the D while the action is near them, but become less effective when the play is down the field. Getting people to spread out will help.

Still working on adjusting my throwing form. I can generate a lot of power, but I have to adjust my muscle memory so that I always do it.

Today was pretty cool. I had a ton of fun, wouldn't know it if you saw me afterwards though I was in a bit of a funk about losing. Wah.
Practice tomorrow let's go.

No comments: