Wednesday, February 8, 2012

After this weekend I will put my sleep schedule together again

When I first started following competitive ultimate it was in the wake of the Hodag repeat and there was an unprecedented amount of ultimate video media available. The Hodag blog and game highlights helped me get into following the sport.

2011 saw a tremendous increase in the quality and professionalism of ultimate coverage across the board, so its been a while since I've gone back to the grainy highlight reels from previous seasons. But I'm on some old flow tonight, mainly because I don't feel like sleeping for whatever reason (#nocturnaltraining!).


Just can't root for CUT, ever. Even in 2010 when you were supposed to root for them to beat Florida. I mean, who roots for Goliath? But whether its the Hodag bias or some sort of deep seated anti intellectual - privilege jealousy thing, I just can't get down with Carleton even though they are probably the most impressive team in college ultimate. They have 1/10th - 1/20th the enrollment of the other perennial powerhouses, I mean goddam.

Its the same thing with Revolver - I have tremendous respect for what they've done and their team culture but I can't root for them. And all things considered, its probably because of those old Hodag videos. 

No comments: