Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Humpday

I had some uncharacteristic drops in the scrimmages last saturday. From the ones I remember, all were pancake grabs, and I think the reason is that I used a lot more force than necessary with my top hand, causing the disc to wobble away. Given that they were all really routine, easy catches, I panicked and did not recover the disc when it started to slip.
For that reason, I've been practicing using even force and using a gentle upper hand to make sure that that shit becomes muscle memory. I feel really good about my one handed grabs with both hands, better with right though because I usually carry things in my left hand. Need a backpack.

It is definitely that point in the semester where the usual combination of panic and complacency sends me into a tailspin for a month or so before I recover what can be saved in a flurry of finals week bullshit. Can't do that. Got a workout plan, got a lot of art to do, have to do both every day.

Gunx love, all.

No comments: