Monday, May 3, 2010

NY Combine part ii

+Ran hard every point I was on the field
+No throwing turnovers
+Two assists
+BVH taught me how to cut laterally in a ho stack as a mid (don't forget that cut!)
+In general was an effective defensive stopper, my man only got thrown to a few times and I only got beat a few times.

-Yet again hesitated on a jump and got tackled by a teammate because of it
-Two drops in the third game
-Did not play enough points
-Cut ineffectively, wasting energy and not getting the disc
-No D's

All in all, the combine was great experience and got me excited to become a part of the NY club scene. Don't know what my odds are of getting a callback to either team. Like the naked lap, I ain't talking about it.

If it does not work out, some kind of New Paltz/Marist fusion club might go down.
We'll see what happens.

No comments: