Friday, July 3, 2009

Purple over Juice 15 - 13

Rough game. We did not play well. Our offense was not clicking and many people were making uncharacteristic turnovers. We quickly went down 3 -0, then 6 - 3, then 8 - 7 at half. We seemed to rally in the second half but lost the last few points far too easily. For my part, I made an unacceptable number of turnovers. Between five and ten.

I did catch three or four goals, but that is not enough to make up for ten turnovers although skying for the one hammer grab while getting smacked in the face by my defender's arm was pretty sweet. On the other hand I dropped an easy catch on a blade huck that would have been a goal. Two kicks. Considering that I played as a cutter and thus had probably 15 touches on the disc the entire game, the amount I turned the disc over is absolutely unacceptable and since we lost the game no amount of goals caught can make up for that. The only thing that can is to make sure it does not happen again.

What went wrong: my throws were really bad. Not mediocre, we’re talking out and out terrible. Most of the turnovers I made were 100% my fault and I think I only made one good throw all game. Lately I've been focusing more on physical fitness than throwing, something I could get away with at New Paltz because I was handling most games and getting a lot of touches in every practice. Now that I am cutting so much this summer I need to practice throwing a LOT on my own time to get my edge back.

Also, I did not run as hard as I could and I think I was somewhat dehydrated. I need to make sure and drink a lot of water during the camp day so I am able to play hard at the end of the day.

All in all Juice just played poorly, and Purple played to win. We can do better. We will. Several bloggers on the wudi site claim that our current win streak will fizzle out into a lackluster season. We are going to make them eat their words.

4 comments:

The Chichester said...

I hear good things about....murder

Unknown said...

I heard that a certain murder aficionado came to Rochester and didn't let me know until he was leaving...

first of all Ben... only you would call a blade huck an easy catch

and second of all... that's all!

Don't worry. The best handler has a crappy game once in awhile. I had 6 months worth of them! Also, I need someone to practice hucks with

Unknown said...

THE BLADE

Unknown said...

like a blade of grass?

So lesson of the day: if you go to a park and throw a bunch of frisbees on your own a dude will come up and ask to throw with you. lol

I miss you guys!