Monday, January 12, 2009

Snow sports!

I've been throwing a lot lately, and it has got me thinking. This post is pretty self centered so read at the risk of extreme boredom.

Taught my brother the shoulder jerk. His flicks are huge. And now they are going to get even better. If he ever decides to actually play ultimate at some point in the future he will be a force. He has always been naturally athletic and has been throwing since he was eight. He'll outdo me easy, and probably outdo a lot of people much better than I am.

Anyway, I'm getting better at the full body throwing that Muffin describes. Getting the hips into the motion is a huge help and I think I've finally pieced it together. Perhaps this will be the year that my flick finally gets as big as my backhand. That would be neat.

Lefty throws progressing nicely. Learning to control and aim them a bit better.

I'm fairly certain I threw the biggest backhand I've ever thrown today. Since it was in my yard I have no way to verify that for sure, but I daresay it was over a hundred yards. No matter how long it was, I think my throwing technique has improved quite a bit over winter break and am eager to test it out when the season starts. Big pulls and breakmark hucks will be a comin', and I have all winter indoors to work on decision making.

Mini.

Tomorrow(/later today?) I finish the powerpoint and send it in. Been working on it for 21 hours and counting baby.

1 comment:

The Chichester said...

Is there a sound track to the powerpoint dare i ask?