Tuesday, December 17, 2013

16 Chocolates

Winter league was squashed into one giant pickup game due to half of the park being covered with snow. In retrospect, it is pretty cool how many people showed up, given the temperature, and how many stayed for the pickup game (everyone?). Not much to say, really. I played alright. Throwing was tough all around due to the cold. It was so cold that it negatively impacted my field vision, which has never happened - probably because I didn't used to have field vision.

Learning to use quick feet on defense. Like a crab, a fast crap. Side to side. I practiced in the bathroom today. If winter league gets any colder than this, My hands might fall off. Guess its time to invest in some friction gloves. Grip the disc harder. That's usually the answer. It does not play to use the conditions as an excuse. It plays to push the extra amount needed to throw and catch properly. Generally threw pretty well, had one forehand huck that was an overthrow and one weird giant OI one that was just the worst. Nearly threw my shoulder out, but that's not why it was bad. It was the reverse. I threw such a bad flick that I almost popped my shoulder. A prime example of how important focusing on form becomes when conditions are bad. Especially in the cold, but that applies to rain or even extreme heat. Anytime you have to push harder to go through the proper motions. First point had a great 35 yard shot for a goal, so one for three on out looks, not the worst.

I think I'm finally learning to play defense like a real boy. PWE.

No comments: