Monday, October 7, 2013

Tipping Point

I was having a very productive night but I think I've wandered past "productive sleep deprivation" and back into the familiar realm of "recursive nonsense" sleep deprivation. Despite the world beginning to fog at the edges, as it does when you are desperately fighting to stay awake for no good reason, I'm still enjoying a clarity of thought that has been mostly absent of late.

I'm inclined to start delving into personal issues, but that's probably bad blogsmanship. Its just that noone else is up at this hour, other than my cousin, who has heard it all. But forget that. I've got a backlog of things I've been meaning to write about.

Regionals came suddenly and was over even quicker. It was very exciting to get to watch elite teams play live for the first time. Semis PoNY vs Ironside was an amazing game, with huge plays on both sides. One of the coolest things was seeing calls on close, important plays, between some of the best players in the game, resolved calmly and quickly. I've seen self officiation break down over much lower stakes, so it was very cool to see it work smoothly at such a high level. I made it a goal to improve my call game and get less heated on the field, and I am happy with how that went this season, but there is a higher level. Having seen it, I will strive for it.

A big part of that comes down to the lucidity one can experience playing the game if you are really fit. This blog, more than anything, represents my struggle to construct a work ethic that will serve as an ultimate player and a functional adult human. I've been chugging along but my previous practice has plateaued and I need to strive for a higher level of work ethic in ultimate and life beyond.

Sleep is here and won't be denied for long. Good morning, blog friends.

No comments: