Saturday, October 12, 2013

shadows on the wall of the cave

There are twelve discs on my wall now, in two neat rows of six. At night, my painting lamp has them casting oblong shadow selves in a most pleasing way.

Under the disc rows are two pictures of the Stonefish - the original drawing that became our blue jersey design, and the frantic happy scrawled fish I drew to post on the facebook group after we qualified for regionals.

This past summer it took me forever to get the jersey designs done. Their design process serves as a pretty good metaphor for my captaining performance versus how I plan to captain next season: the design process lacked confidence and punctuality, and was was put on the back burner due to tasks in other areas of life.

On the other hand, we have eight months or so to plan and get ready for the upcoming season, and the confidence of knowing that this team works, is really fun, and has a high competitive ceiling. I am more confident about ultimate, and life, than I have been in a long time, and I will be ready to be a strong, confident leader and positive role model next season. I have a long time to work on it, and you can bet the jersey designs will be done on time.

Late night greetings, blog friends.

No comments: