Friday, October 18, 2013

The Princess and the Frog

Nationals is underway, and boy was that Chain - Bravo game fun to watch, all on the big screen and everything. Good stuff. That Jimmy Mickle, my goodness. The new format is pretty interesting. I can't help but wonder if Goat sandbagged in an attempt to draw Ironside in prequarters, or to save legs for the elimination games. Both seem unlikely, but enough people were talking about that kind of thing going on as a consequence of the new format that I can't get it out of my head.

No matter what, Goat can't be too happy with how things played out. Drawing Doublewide in the first round is rough. For that matter, Doublewide sure has a tough road to finals: they have to go through Goat and Bravo on the same day, and then Revolver in semis. Yikes. On the other side, it seems like a pretty open and shut case, Ironside and Sockeye in semis. But what do I know? Not a lot.  It will be interesting to read the retrospective analysis and see if anyone can make sense of how the new format effected the eventual outcome. I'd love to see an Ironside and Doublewide final, which I think I've just stated on this blog for the third year in a row. Ironside was a very cool to watch and play against, a class act that deserves to finally bring home the gold. And if Doublewide wins I get to tell Cat "I told you so".

There's nothing good on cable after 4:30. That has to be a sign. Big day today. Yesterday was our first captain's meeting of the 2014 campaign. My appetite is wet. Awww yeah.

Good morning, blog friends. Hope some of you suckers ponied up for the live feed and get to watch some games today. I didn't, but I might yet.

No comments: