Saturday, May 30, 2009

What I am up to

Hey ya'll out there in listening land. Summer: it works. I have heard a lot of people talking about summer workouts, doing snertz and going to the gym like REAL INTENSE ATHLETES. I support that wholeheartedly. My workout regimen has been a little more holistic, sort of like Rocky would do if he played ultimate, I think. Dragging tires up hills, hoisting hunks of iron, you know. Fun stuff.

Missed the first game of rec league. Chetti was not there either I don't think. Our team won anyway, by a decent amount. Apparently I am on a good rec league team this year. Nice. E Herbst was there. No wonder we won.

Five Ultimate: I love them.
Enough said.

Bees: They swarm. In my yard.
I love them too.
Buzz buzz

The Lincoln Loggers shirt is going to be epic. You want one. Get em while they're hot.
Speaking of which, soon I must organize Ow My Knee and get that together. Sending Ercan a check to secure our spot would help. To the bank!


Bonus paragraph: in which I psych myself up to get better at frisbee
-->Doober posted a detailed analysis of every player. I am reposting mine with my own comments added.

Ben "The Formula" Campbell
...
Weak --
Aggressiveness, both in the air and defensively. --> How I can fix it: Mental game, physical toughness. Stop being a little bitch. That's the answer.

Needs to rein in hucks to a reasonable amount. --> How I can fix it: Mental game. The constant struggle. Summer league last year helped me with my mental game and cut the amount of bad hucks I attempted in half. This summer I am going to focus even more on playing turnover free games and making "high percentage low percentage throws".

Needs to learn to jump to fully utilize height and lank. --> How I can fix it: Physical game. I am not going to let my physical capabilities dictate my playing skillset any longer. I will learn to jump. Only thing to do. No excuses. Plus I need to be able to sky Tom on a regular basis, because seriously he is a freshmen.

Segue: Speaking of big hucks, I was throwing with some bros in the shop rite parking lot (you know behind the movie theatre) late at night (earlier today?) and I watched Z Ship's forehand release for a while. You know, its real smooth and he can power it too. I am adopting his style of release and I think it is the missing piece that will bring my forehand throw together. It's so much more of a smooth motion that it will help my whole throwing motion become one whip crack as opposed to a series of jerky movements that leave people wondering what I am up to.

It is going to be big news.
Trust me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Big plans.

SCHEMS said...

nice loggers Jerseys?
i also like you plans

The Chichester said...

Quality. You know what works wonderful for mental game?