Friday, November 26, 2010

No day but today?

Let's see what happens.

"PPS
Note to self: next time you can run again but decide to do something stupid instead of working out, remember how much it sucks not being able to and act accordingly. Kay?"

From the summer, coming off surgery. Point is, this week long bender has been fun but it is time to grind. One of my goals for the fall 2010 season was to be emotionally and physically healthy. I managed the former way better than usual, but the latter?
Despite cutting down on drinking big time, I did some dumb shit. I got hurt a lot, both drunk and sober in the early part of the semester and proceeded to play while inured.

There went the fall season, really. I found ways to contribute to the team as a non practicing player, but a month off, on top of my six weeks off in the summer, was rough and it will take work to get back on top.

In addition, it seems my honeymoon with ultimate is over. After seven years of playing all the time and getting injured relatively seldom, chronic injuries are creeping into the picture. Trick knees and sore backs seem to be the hallmark of the kind of explosive throwing and cutting that goes down in this game of ours, and that's just where I'm at now.

So basically, physical fitness, more than ever, will be at a premium and I will have to approach the winter training season diligently and intelligently - to make the most of my training time, to get as good as possible, and to minimize injuries past present and future.

The game ain't black and white anymore. Used to be, I could look at every aspect of my game and say "I've improved universally. I am better in every way than I was last week/month/party."
That ended last fall. But at least some things are incontrovertibly better.

The laws have changed.
More words to follow, to focus myself if nothing else. Who reads blags anymore anyway?
I do, and I will.
Onward into the future, Gunx 2011 baby!

No comments: