Tuesday, April 6, 2010

let me stand next to your

Today was the first match of the intramural ultimate season, and boy was it swell. Gunx X rolled up to face some team of dudes who thought they had swagger. They got meatballed.

So?

The cliche goes, champions play hard whenever they step onto the field. If we don't go hard at intramural it is almost a waste of time. Whatever.

I had more to write about the game. That does not matter now. So there I was, sitting out on the quad writing this week's to do list. And it hit me.
I have no fire.
It is like I forgot that sectionals is in TWO WEEKS.
I started this semester with blood like ice and the grim resolve to do what must be done. But the spring weather has melted that ice blood and turned my motivation towards things like laying in the sun doing fuck all knows what. Bottom line: I have no work ethic and have made decisions that lack mental focus and testicular fortitude.
Enough of that. It is time to kindle the fire and fan the flames into a mighty blaze. Mediocrity is a slow death.
I'm done with it.

No comments: