Sunday, February 8, 2009

Working from Courbet makes me feel like a noob

Practice today went very well. People are shaking off the rust and remembering how to play. A couple of new players showed up and learned some things. Hopefully they had fun and will stick around.

Owen threw the greatest for a goal. Eli caught a Callahan. It was sort of a highlight reel practice.

Negative highlights: I threw two push passes. WHAT??? Yes. Ahh. I am displeased.
The pace of the indoor game has affected my judgment negatively as far as throwing goes. There were a couple instances where I tried to force the throw and ended up throwing a forehand-side backhand or one of the aforementioned push passes. I need to chill a little on the handle. I did manage to get six handblocks, on Scott, Eli, Owen, Dave, Dave and Dave respectively.

But enough about me.

The team is definitely coming along. Our sectionals roster is looking strong and with a lot of work and a little rules knowledge we are going to do some serious damage. You heard it right here.

~~~

Trouble in Vegas is looking interesting to say the least. I was hoping for a blowout Hodag victory but it looks like their inexperience finally caught up to them. Hopefully it will be the wake up call they need to get their rookies in gear to play their level of defense. A three peat at nationals would be pretty damn exciting. If I had to pick the national finalists for this year I'd say CUT and Mamabird, but it's only February and what the heck do I know anyway. Go Hodags!

Details are scant but apparently Middlebury did very well, winning their pool and losing to Cornell in the game to go. I'm real happy for Middlebury, they have some players who are really cool guys and absolute ballers as well. As for Cornell it's nice to see a team from NY doing some damage nationally.

~~~

No more fucking push passes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dave Dave and Dave.

el oh el. Someone needs to teach that boy some moves.