Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tonight, a Chair

Doing abs has helped my pull tremendously. They were the best part of my game at practice today, which perhaps does not say much in and of itself. It took a game and a half for me to find my focus. Things to work on include, but are not limited to, improving my field vision to ensure throws to OPEN players (although roughly a third of my throwing errors today were purely execution based)and not falling off track as a leader when I do screw up.

This is the time of year where I have usually already screwed up a class pretty badly, let alone my sleep schedule. Both are actually going pretty well, although I am way behind in one class and awake at 3:15....its close. I can get back on top, and it should not be too difficult. The trick is to not back down, and stop worrying about trivialities. No blood for the haters, no soul for the abyss. Its go time.

Brian called my pulls the greatest weapon our defense has. On that note, while abs have helped tremendously, I nearly threw my arm out on the last pull of practice today, an avoidable avenue of injury. Plus its only 7 months until beach season.

No comments: