Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fish Tales

Wildwood is physically, fiscally and emotionally draining but it sure is a good party. 3 and 3. Individually and collectively we've sure had a lot of 50/50 split tournaments. A function of our continued growth and years of struggle with consistency I guess. On that note, Doober's thoughts on ow my knee are pretty on point.

Still working on being a real handler. The main struggle at this point is the constant focus it takes. Realizing how much you need to be constantly on point to keep the offense moving. In the microcosm, that means using proper form for every throw, knowing what kind of throw to use, and the field vision to see the entire field to accurately determine which cuts are really open. In the macrocosm, it means constantly providing an option to the offense. Its obvious to anyone who plays with me that I have a hard time focusing as a handler, although by the end of ow my knee I was wandering off deep a lot less. Can't beat tournaments for the learning experience.

Used to think the game will evolve past the need for handlers. Have a lot of thoughts about that but to be honest I'd rather eat a pbj and fall asleep.

No comments: