Friday, July 15, 2011

And I want to know my fate if I keep up this way

Certainly burning the candle at both ends at camp this year. It has been incredibly rewarding so far, but the nature of the beast is that my time is limited and art is on the back burner, although thesis ideas are springing up as I'd hoped they would.

On that note, I have not figured out how to juggle camp work, the camp social scene and working out, so that will be the project for the coming week. More sleep is needed, or maybe better sleep?
Pushups are going well, sprint work is needed. Also probably just running in general.

The camp team is disinterested and summer league is a distant memory. Fortunately, we are about to hit the meat of the club season. Unfortunately, I'm not ready yet. Wake up call, brrrrinnng bring.

Gotta get sparks flying at the scrimmage this weekend. Excited.
Better be a monster.

OH ALSO
What I meant to say about camp is that coaching is the best. I've been working on breaking the game down into the bare bones essentials, both in training the camp team and teaching kids to play. It is paying off for us and should pay dividends during the fall season. Teaching throwing has never been easier.

I want to coach youth ultimate.