Thursday, February 3, 2011

All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day

I'ma make this quick, but hey. Let's talk mental game. It is tricky and as much as I'd consider myself a mentally strong player, I have a few glaring weaknesses that have been highlighted of late. Obviously there's the contact issue but beyond that people have been taking issue with my call game, not necessarily the calls themselves but my delivery. And all this time I thought hubris and egotism was appealing!

Joking aside, I need to work on being calmer during game situations and also not acting like I am always right, bad habit. My spirit has often been a consequence of my increase in competitive drive and it should not have to be that way. I have a lot to think about and I will do my best to be more of a gentleman on the field.

More later. Sleep now, one hopes.

No comments: