Saturday, August 21, 2010

Affirmation

Have you ever thought about the phrase "they don't make em like they used to?" Me neither until today. It is commonly used to imply a sort of vague sighing derision for the inadequacy of the present with regards to a better past. However, it could easily be used with a different tone in a positive sense! They don't make planes like the used to, and thank goodness for that.

Goals for this semester and season.:

Improve myself as a captain to better lead the team.

I will achieve this by working to become more confident in my skillset and teaching ability. I will be there for the team. I will work hard and set an example. I will be organized and on top of the neccesary legistical work. I will work to develop the potential of the team in such a way that our skillet is maximized and people are in rolls, on the field and off of it, that optimize their talents and the unique skills they are bringing to the table.

Be healthy, mentally and physically

I will accomplish this by eating healthy, reading, and above all working out and running on the track. I will push my limits and develop my physical skillset beyond anything I have achieved thus far. I will keep drinking to a minimum.

Fiscally responsible

I will accomplish this by saving money on food when possible, not wasting it on overly expensive meals or useless inane purchases of any kid. I will manage my bank account.

I will work hard at drawing and have a children's book ready to publish by the end of next spring
I will dedicate myself and make the most of my time in college.
I will seize every moment and not let a day go to waste.


I will continue to refine my goals and seek to achieve them, and give some more thought to this post after the fatigue from the staff social wears off.
What a summer.

No comments: