Thursday, January 19, 2012

Coming Home

Season almost starting. Wowie zowie. I'm almost happy with my baseline fitness. Running regularly will help. The combine showed me that it will be useful to focus on sport specific motions and running situations to train - plyos, serpentine for cutting, short hard sprints, etc.

Want to get into olympic lifts as well. We get once a week in the weight room.

This semester is it - if I am going to achieve my college frisbee goals, it is now. It would be easy to take a backseat role on the team this semester to focus on my thesis. I could justify it, but I won't because I will never get this chance again.

Go time, now or never.

I've double majored in frisbee for this long, now that I actually have a schedule where I can give my artwork 100% academic attention, it ought to be easier than ever to balance my time to train and play with the team. Why the fuck not.

"I'm just trying to be a better man, damn. I'm just trying to be somebody I can talk to in the morning with a smile."

PS pretty sweet write up of CC tryouts. See if you can spot cap'n David!

And a sweet post tryout video of Tim Morrill demoing jump technique, among other things.

No comments: