Thursday, September 23, 2010

Club Sectionals Redux

3 and 4. We did better than anyone expected and got our names out there. Playing with Marist was amazing and I am fully in support of taking Hasbrouk Heroes to the next level in the 2011 club season.

Personally I played some of the best ultimate of my career. On the downside, I turned the disc too much, did not get enough D's and got handblocked three times. I did not get active enough on the handle and looked off other handlers.
On the upside I was intensely confident in my flick huck and short throws and felt good about my handler defense. Never felt better about throwing.
My physical game was aight but I lost my edge day two. I played a lot but even so if I want to ever play on that level I need to get in much better shape and that goes double for the spring season.

The tournament gave us valuable experience and fuel for our fire this season. We know we can play at the club level and bring that game to college and the confidence will help us ball. No complacency,

Boom.
Good weekend. One of the best of my frisbee career and life.
Done.

No comments: