Friday, December 18, 2009

Where ya'll at?

Fun fact: This semester I completed 12 paintings, 63 drawings, and created five unique prints, one of them an edition of 30. Two large drawings are still in progress and I also filled 2 and 3/4 sketchbooks.

That didn't do jack for my ultimate game. Next semester I'm going to do twice as much art AND get mad jacked and sky fools.

Wrist surgery went well. I am typing this post one handed. Percoset is awesome.

Today I found my writeup of the Carmel/John Jay game, my only competitive high school game with my own school. I was ecstatic that we had only lost by eight points in a game to 21. I'm still proud of that fact: air raid was the best team in the state and we were a lunchtime and weekends pickup group with a few studs (hey Chetti! (and Brendan who played savage)). They shut out three teams at states! We could have gone to states and beaten at least three teams! However, I think I can attribute to that game the zenlike calm that I assume when we lose sometimes. "It's okay" I comfort myself. "We only lost by 6...and they're a better team".

I'm done with that mentality. I'm done losing.
Swagger is here to stay.

No comments: